IKEA USA announced via it’s facebook page and a press release that they are planning to bring their famous cinnamon rolls, swedish meatballs, gadgets and inexpensive furniture to Southwest Las Vegas!
The proposed site of the Sunset & Durango corner is the site formerly known as the proposed site for “The Curve” which was supposed to be an upscale mid-rise condominium development before the great Las Vegas real estate crash. The development area is right off of the 215 & Durango/Sunset exits which is less than 5 miles to the popular Rhodes Ranch and Summerlin South master planned community areas of Las Vegas. (Oh and less than 5 minutes from my house to those heavenly cinnamon rolls!)
This is excellent news for the future economy of Southwest Las Vegas! Cheers to IKEA USA for seeing the potential of doing business in the great state of Nevada and taking a gamble on us!
Proposed opening is two years from now – Summer 2016.
Here is a photo of the proposed site that I took just the other day:
Latest posts by Renee Burrows (see all)
- Home Is Possible – Nevada Home Buyer Grant Zero Down! - December 9, 2016
- Home Inspection Repair Response – Dos & Don’ts - September 17, 2015
- 2 Simple Ways to Save Money NOW On Your Electric Bill - October 7, 2014
- Ikea’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls, Swedish Meatballs, Gadgets and Furniture Coming to Las Vegas - July 17, 2014
- Homes Still Appreciating in Las Vegas June 2014 - July 17, 2014