I have owned my own home since I was 19. We have bought 4 homes and sold 3. Our last home we bought we actually built new construction in 2002 and said “THATS IT – LAST MOVE!”
My “demographic” is that I am an “almost” empty nester now at the age of 44 (one child out and one to go!) Our current home is a little over 2600 square feet interior and was a little small when we had two high school children but glad we stayed because it is the perfect size for us now. Well we were forced to stay actually because of the values tanking from 2007-2012 in the Las Vegas real estate market. Otherwise, we may have moved.
Needless to say we have learned through the hardship of that economy that this IS our dream home! I am first going to tell you what I have that I would keep and then tell you would I would add if I could!
Here is what I have in my home that I would not change if I built a new Las Vegas Dream Home:
- Balcony with city, mountain and park views. We currently have sweeping views of city lights and Red Rock Canyon. Our newest “view” is a park view. It is Summerlin‘s newest park called “Community Park” built next to Wet n Wild public park.
- Oversized Owner’s suite with a 5 point bathroom.
- Open kitchen with large island. I love to cook so the island is essential for cooking prep! I do not like granite countertops and we recently remodeled with mosaic tile countertops, dark cabinets and contemporary finishes.
- Open living area with mancave. We LOVE to entertain so our open circular living room, family room, dining room and kitchen is perfect for my husband to entertain guests and play pool and for me to prep, cook and entertain all at once!
- Pool & lush landscaping in backyard. We have a cabana area with daybed, queen palms, med palms, pigmy palms, sago palms and a windmill palm (although I think this one bit the dust – BOO.) This is my area where I relax after a long day of work and my area I am proud to entertain in!
- 3 Car garage
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Baths
Now what could I change or add to make this my dream home? Here’s my list right here:
- Third story office that would give us Las Vegas strip views.
- RV parking for our pop up camper. Preferably a garage. Looking to the future we will be “upsizing” the RV in a couple of years.
- Larger laundry room. Right now I have what I would call a “laundry closet”.
- A window wall that would bring the “indoors outside” because it is nice here in Las Vegas 6-8 months a year!
- Photovoltaic shingles to cut down energy costs. With as much sun that we get, I don’t understand why builders don’t build with these standard here.
- Automatic exterior security rolling shutters. This would be mostly to block sun from coming in at the hottest point of the day.
- A larger lot. Anything over 9000 SF is fabulous to me. Lots of homes here are built on small lots. Ours is 4800 SF.
- Elevator. We have a 2 story house and I plan to stay here until the kids put me away. I am just thinking of the future 🙂
Now that I have told you what is in my dream home, tell me what is in yours? Call 702-966-2494 and press option 3 to speak to one of our new homes specialists today! Both Miranda and Bert on my team are former new construction home representatives and would love to guide you through the process of building a new Las Vegas home with their expertise! If you are just window shopping you can also search new homes in Las Vegas right here!
$240,000 : 7074 TOWN FOREST Avenue, Las Vegas3 beds, 3 baths
$276,900 : 10811 CATHER Avenue, Las Vegas3 beds, 3 baths
$234,999 : 3649 VIA MONTALE, Henderson3 beds, 3 baths
$290,630 : 8534 GENESEE Court, Las Vegas3 beds, 3 baths
$296,880 : 2245 SKY ISLAND Drive #Lot 47, Henderson3 beds, 3 baths
$305,000 : 6015 BELVEDERE CANYON Avenue, Las Vegas3 beds, 3 baths
$352,665 : 10516 LAUREL MOUNTAIN Lane, Las Vegas5 beds, 3 baths
$286,520 : 8909 DRUMMER BAY Avenue #LOT 94, Las Vegas3 beds, 3 baths
$394,990 : 376 CALABRIA BEACH Street #Lot 15, Henderson4 beds, 3 baths
$399,000 : 6635 ALDER FLOWER Court, North Las Vegas4 beds, 3 baths
$259,000 : 1073 WATER COVE Street, Henderson3 beds, 3 baths
$535,000 : 900 GATESBRIDGE Avenue, Henderson4 beds, 4 baths
$265,000 : 10580 NORCROSS Avenue, Las Vegas3 beds, 3 baths
$774,990 : 560 PATTI ANN WOODS Drive, Henderson4 beds, 4 baths
$410,790 : 3072 ISLE Drive, Las Vegas4 beds, 3 baths
$414,080 : 12800 SLIPKNOT Street, Las Vegas4 beds, 3 baths
$431,830 : 3290 MOLINOS Drive, Las Vegas4 beds, 4 baths
$245,000 : 4917 SEVIER DESERT Street, North Las Vegas3 beds, 2 baths
$599,990 : 281 CRIMSON EDGE Street #7, Henderson4 beds, 5 baths
$314,900 : 8905 MELRIDGE Road, Las Vegas3 beds, 3 baths
$1,899,000 : 36 HUNTING HORN Drive, Las Vegas3 beds, 5 baths
$275,000 : 4949 HAROLD Street, North Las Vegas4 beds, 2 baths
$369,085 : 43 Canopus Ridge Way #Lot 193, Las Vegas4 beds, 3 baths
$699,900 : 6087 DOWNS Court, Las Vegas5 beds, 4 baths
$971,919 : 45 BELLA LAGO Avenue, Henderson3 beds, 4 baths
$500,000 : 10001 CELESTIAL CLIFFS Avenue, Las Vegas4 beds, 4 baths
$315,000 : 366 GRACIOUS Way, Henderson3 beds, 3 baths
$235,000 : 5659 BALSAM Street, Las Vegas3 beds, 3 baths
$308,243 : 8988 VISTA PINES Street, Las Vegas3 beds, 2 baths
$299,990 : 4669 HIGH ANCHOR Street, Las Vegas4 beds, 2 baths
$439,900 : 10549 CLOUD WHISPER Drive, Las Vegas4 beds, 3 baths
$295,000 : 6975 PLACID LAKE Avenue, Las Vegas4 beds, 3 baths
$239,888 : 7610 JASMINE FALLS Drive, Las Vegas3 beds, 3 baths
$369,400 : 3012 CAMINO LARGO Avenue, Henderson4 beds, 3 baths
$725,387 : 3377 ROYAL FORTUNE Drive, Las Vegas5 beds, 6 baths
$466,018 : 7310 SOUTHERN MAGNOLIA Street, Las Vegas3 beds, 3 baths
$366,325 : 9072 IRISH ELK Street #165, Las Vegas4 beds, 3 baths
$296,500 : 1116 BRADLEY BAY Avenue, Henderson3 beds, 4 baths
$292,320 : 6636 ROCKY REEF Street #Lot 136, Las Vegas4 beds, 3 baths
$285,205 : 6630 ROCKY REEF Street #Lot 137, Las Vegas4 beds, 3 baths
$405,000 : 5855 MENDOCINO HILL Avenue, Las Vegas4 beds, 4 baths
$294,900 : 9349 FOREST MEADOWS Avenue, Las Vegas4 beds, 3 baths
$255,000 : 3052 BICENTENNIAL, Las Vegas3 beds, 3 baths
$413,321 : 3312 MOLINOS Drive, Las Vegas5 beds, 3 baths
$295,000 : 41 MORRESTOWN Avenue, North Las Vegas4 beds, 2 baths
$425,000 : 129 KIRKTON Street, Henderson4 beds, 4 baths
$350,000 : 6425 SCOTTS CROSSING Street, Las Vegas5 beds, 3 baths
$311,695 : 3001 SAVELLA Avenue #lot 196, Henderson3 beds, 3 baths
4 beds, 4 baths
$266,800 : 763 FOREST PEAK Street, Henderson4 beds, 3 baths
See all Las Vegas New Construction Homes for Sale in MLS.
(all data current as of 6/23/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Avoid the most common pitfalls that can derail your home purchase or sale!
Blow Up #1: HOA Fees
HOA fees can be listed incorrectly in the MLS. If you are purchasing at the top of your financed price range, you want to verify fees immediately because these will be factored into your house payment and purchasing power!
Blow Up #2: Litigation
Lenders are hesitant to lend money on homes that are in litigation.
Blow Up #3: HOA Certification
Lenders want to see: low investor concentration (rentals,) low HOA delinquencies and no construction defect or other litigation against HOA or community.
Blow Up #4: Low Appraisal
When an appraisal comes in “low” it means that it is less than the contracted price.
Several things can be done to combat a low appraisal:
- Agents can submit a reconsideration to the lender if there is overwhelming evidence to suggest the report was inaccurate.
- Submit an addendum to the seller requesting a price reduction.
- Buyer to agree to pay the difference between the appraised price and contracted purchase amount in cash.
- Buyer and seller re-negotiate and meet in the middle somewhere.
Blow Up #5: Habitability
Lenders do not want to lend money on homes that are not immediate habitable. There are alternative lending products that will assist home buyers with rehab of a home.
Blow Up #6: Home Inspection
If your home inspection shows some serious defects that the sellers will not remedy, it is best to use this contingency to get you out of the contract to avoid living in a money pit!
Blow Up #7: Water Damage & Mold
The effects of water damage and mold can be from deferred maintenance, construction defect, recent or can occur in the middle of a transaction.
Blow Up #8: HOA Rental Restrictions
This is especially important to investors purchasing homes and that want to rent them out.
Blow Up #9: HOA Deed Restrictions
It is the seller’s duty by law to deliver you the resale package for the HOA which includes the bylaws & CCRs. These are deed restrictions on how you can use your home. You will not want to gloss over these and you have the right to cancel the purchase agreement within 5 days if you do not agree to life with these restrictions!
Blow Up #10: Financing Major Purchases While Financing Your Home
When you get approved to finance a home, a few items are important to maintain until close. These items are: reserves & debt to income ratio.
Curb spending while purchasing a home using financing so you do not tip the scale and find yourself unqualified.
If you would like to hear more in depth panel discussion of these issues, register for one of our FREE Las Vegas home buyer seminars!
Search Summerlin Homes for Sale & Homes for Rent by School*. Click on the Summerlin school name to view homes for sale & homes for rent zoned for that school**. You can click here to verify zoning.
Bonner Elementary School – 765 Crestdale Lane
Bryan Elementary School – 8050 Cielo Vista Ave
Givens Elementary School – 655 Park Vista Dr
Goolsby Elementary School – 11175 W Desert Inn Rd
Lummis Elementary School – 9000 Hillpointe Rd
Ober Elementary School – 3035 Desert Marigold Ln
Staton Elementary School – 1700 Sageberry Dr
Search Summerlin Homes for Sale by Middle School:
Becker Middle School – 9151 Pinewood Hills Dr
Faiss Middle School – 9525 W Maule Ave
Rogich Middle School – 235 Pavillion Center Dr
Search Summerlin Homes for Sale by High School:
Palo Verde High School – 333 S Pavillion Center Dr
*Some homes for zoned for these schools may NOT be in Summerlin proper but just slightly outside of Summerlin proper.
**If school zoning is important to you, please always verify current school zoning at: http://ccsd.net/schools/zoning/search/
McNeil Estates has 90 atomic age homes and is nestled west of the I-15 and just minutes to downtown Las Vegas & the Arts District. McNeil Estates vintage homes were built between the years of 1962-1969.
With the revitalization of downtown Las Vegas, urban living has become wildly popular. Zappos, Container Park, Neonopolis projects have all put new life & brought new jobs into the heart and soul of downtown Las Vegas. Classic homes with vintage character and some even with a flair of historic backgrounds are very appealing to all types of buyers – investors have even picked up on this trend!
Click here if you want to sell your classic McNeil Estates home!
View the classic homes for sale or rent in vintage Las Vegas community of McNeil Estates Las Vegas:
$462,800 : 2804 BRYANT Avenue, Las Vegas4 beds, 3 baths
$454,800 : 2813 BRYANT Avenue, Las Vegas5 beds, 2 baths
See all McNeil Est - Historic.
(all data current as of 6/23/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.