Timeline for Finding a Las Vegas Rental Home
The key to finding a rental house in Las Vegas is the timeline. Â There is a very small window. Â You cannot start your physical search too early – landlords will only hold the property for about 2 weeks. Â You can’t start too late – it takes a couple of BUSINESS days to “process” your rental application.
3-4 Months Prior To Move In: Â Ideally you should get set up on an MLS search even if you are months away from your big move. Â You can fill out our rental questionnaire and we can get you set up on your MLS search immediately. Â You will receive Las Vegas rental home listings that fit your criteria as soon as they hit the market!
4 Weeks Prior To Move In: Â You should pick out 10-15 homes to physically view and make an appointment with your assigned showing agent. Â You can plan on 3-5 of those homes being off the market by the time you put in an application so choose wisely!
3 Weeks Prior to Move In: Â You should be physically viewing the homes you are interested in. Â Once you make a decision……
2.5-3 Weeks Prior to Move In: Â You should be handing in applications.
1-2 Weeks Prior to Move In: Â Hopefully you have an accepted application by now with all of your diligent hard work you have put in already. Â The management company will call you to sign your lease ONCE you have an accepted application. Â At this time, you must have all of your negotiated move in costs ready to be paid at lease signing.
This time frame will give you a little time to coordinate utilities and movers! Â Good luck!
Latest posts by Renee Burrows (see all)
- Vintage Community of McNeil Estates Las Vegas Atomic Age Homes for Sale - April 10, 2014
- Vintage Community of Paradise Palms Las Vegas Mid Century Modern Homes for Sale - April 9, 2014
- Desert Park Las Vegas Vintage & Classic Homes for Sale - April 9, 2014
- Las Vegas Homes for Sale in Golf Course Communities - April 9, 2014
- Las Vegas Homes for Sale with City, Strip or Mountain Views - April 9, 2014