Selling Your House in Las Vegas: Â When to Sell a House?
Most traditional markets have better seasonal selling months than others. Â Las Vegas does not have bitter cold or snow that may stop a potential buyer from heading out in the “elements” to buy a home. Â Las Vegas does have that nasty blast furnace heat in the summer that one would *think* it could stop buyers from searching for a home but that is not true!
Las Vegas real estate attracts many types of buyers: Â first time buyers, vacation & second home buyers, retiree buyers & investor buyers.
Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall – there is no best season to sell a house in Las Vegas.
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November or December – there is no best month to sell a house in Las Vegas.
Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day, Fourth of July, Back to School, Halloween – there is no best holiday to wait to sell a house in Las Vegas after.
Take a look at this graphic:
Blue represents active listings, red represents contracted listings and green represents sales. Â Each line is for a month from December 2007 to December 2011. Â Every month there is green even during the “crappy sales months” of December 2007 through early spring 2008. Â That means every month there are sales – and these days the amount of sales are very healthy every month & every season so it really doesn’t matter when to sell your house. Â It’s only a matter of *if* you *need* to sell your house.
Any house will sell in any month if it is:
- Priced correctly for current market conditions
- Easy to show
- In good repair
- Shows well
- Marketed to target audience correctly
The Las Vegas real estate market breaks all “laws” about when to sell your house during seasons, months & holidays. Â Las Vegas is a 24/7/365 town with homes selling every day of the year!
Latest posts by Renee Burrows (see all)
- Home Is Possible – Nevada Home Buyer Grant Zero Down! - December 9, 2016
- Home Inspection Repair Response – Dos & Don’ts - September 17, 2015
- 2 Simple Ways to Save Money NOW On Your Electric Bill - October 7, 2014
- Ikea’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls, Swedish Meatballs, Gadgets and Furniture Coming to Las Vegas - July 17, 2014
- Homes Still Appreciating in Las Vegas June 2014 - July 17, 2014