This is part of an ongoing series about Things That Can Make Your Las Vegas Financed Home Purchase *Blow Up* in the Middle of a Transaction.
My ultimate goal in this series is to make Las Vegas Home Buyers aware of the challenges of a specific homes eligibility for financing.
AND THEN YOU GO OUT & buy a car or blow up your credit card buying furniture, appliances and Christmas gifts.
Houston – we have a problem!! It doesn’t matter if you purchase these items with cash or credit. You want to speak with your trusted mortgage professional who is working on your loan before you spend ANY money before a real estate transaction closes!
Here are the reasons:
- Reserves: you are required to have a certain amount of reserves for your home purchase. If you spend those verified reserves BEFORE you close, you may no longer qualify for your mortgage.
- Debt to Income Ratio: If you purchase items with credit (car, appliances, furniture, an insane amount of Christmas gifts) you could hurt your debt to income ratio. Again, you may no longer qualify for your mortgage.
The moral of the story is: PLAY IT SAFE if you are purchasing a home during the holiday season and always speak to your lender before spending money!
Latest posts by Renee Burrows (see all)
- Home Is Possible – Nevada Home Buyer Grant Zero Down! - December 9, 2016
- Home Inspection Repair Response – Dos & Don’ts - September 17, 2015
- 2 Simple Ways to Save Money NOW On Your Electric Bill - October 7, 2014
- Ikea’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls, Swedish Meatballs, Gadgets and Furniture Coming to Las Vegas - July 17, 2014
- Homes Still Appreciating in Las Vegas June 2014 - July 17, 2014