Construction has begun on the new Las Vegas Water Park located in Southwest Las Vegas. Â I have done a little more investigating since my last post on the Las Vegas Water Park on this new development since it is pretty much in my backyard. Â I also attended the Spring Valley Township meeting on Tuesday. Â We have an easement in our backyard and are a little concerned about that at the moment 🙂
Here is the scoop as I know it:
This is a project of Summerlin and the Water Park plans include a public (Summerlin) aquatic center combined with a Private, Commercial Water Park. Â That’s just weird if you ask me but supposedly they will “compliment” each other (according to the hearing!) Â I did ask the Howard Hughes representitive on Tuesday night if they have plans for a dog park in the public park area (critical issue for me, LOL!) Â He said the only plan is for the aquatic center at the moment.
The parcel number is 176-06-701-003 which was difficult to find because in some of the county hearing agenda records it was different. Â Howard Hughes has recorded a lease agreement on 8/31/2011 with an LLC called “The Waterpark LLC”. Â Couldn’t get much further than that other than a website that led me to an investment firm. Â I guess we will know sooner rather than later. Â I suppose “The Waterpark LLC” is going to be the private waterpark section of this deal!
I will be posting monthly updates on this project since many people (even living in my area do not have a clue about this!)
Here are some Clark County links about the project:
- Video of Clark County Commission Meeting Aug 2011
- Â Map of Proposed Water Park
- Copy of Agenda for Proposed Water Park
Latest posts by Renee Burrows (see all)
- Home Is Possible – Nevada Home Buyer Grant Zero Down! - December 9, 2016
- Home Inspection Repair Response – Dos & Don’ts - September 17, 2015
- 2 Simple Ways to Save Money NOW On Your Electric Bill - October 7, 2014
- Ikea’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls, Swedish Meatballs, Gadgets and Furniture Coming to Las Vegas - July 17, 2014
- Homes Still Appreciating in Las Vegas June 2014 - July 17, 2014