I am beginning another series about “Things That Can Make Your Las Vegas Financed Home Purchase *Blow Up* in the Middle of a Transaction.”
My ultimate goal in this series is to make Las Vegas Home Buyers aware of the challenges of a specific home’s eligibility for financing.
Hold the phone here, *you* may be eligible to purchase a home but is the house eligible for financing? Â This series is designed for you to research a home’s eligibility for financing.
DISCLOSURE: Â I am not a lender, title company, home inspector, contractor or appraiser. Â I am only speaking from personal experience by working with financedÂ Las Vegas area home buyers. Â Hopefully you have hired aÂ Las Vegas area real estate agentwho will be able to spot things that can *potentially* cause problems with your financing (mostly FHA/VA) before your contract to purchase aÂ Las Vegas area home.
Much of Las Vegas is currently priced in fire sale status. Â Many times when you see unusually inexpensive homes there is a reason â€“ they are not eligible for financing and the seller does not wish to rehabilitate the home to make it eligible for financing.
Today’s topic at hand is the “Condo Certification“. Â A Condo Certification is ordered by your lender from the Condominium HOA.
The lender is looking for certain things in the Condo Certification that will determine if they will lend money on that specific condo property:
- Lenders want to see low investor concentration (rentals)
- Low HOA delinquencies
- No construction defect or other litigation against HOA or community
Las Vegas Condo financing is a huge challenge in our market and there is no telling when things will turn around to make it easier to buy a Las Vegas Condo using traditional financing methods. Â Many are priced very low and there is a reason for that – because they are all cash transactions.
HUD (FHA) does have an “Approved Condo List” where you can search online.
Newest Condos for Sale in Las Vegas:
We're sorry, but there’s nothing to display here; MLS data service is not activated for this account.
Latest posts by Renee Burrows (see all)
- Home Is Possible – Nevada Home Buyer Grant Zero Down! - December 9, 2016
- Home Inspection Repair Response – Dos & Don’ts - September 17, 2015
- 2 Simple Ways to Save Money NOW On Your Electric Bill - October 7, 2014
- Ikea’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls, Swedish Meatballs, Gadgets and Furniture Coming to Las Vegas - July 17, 2014
- Homes Still Appreciating in Las Vegas June 2014 - July 17, 2014